Thursday, July 31, 2008

Obama's VP Choice

Kim Gandy's discussion of Obama's VP choices.

I've rarely been in the position where my dreams and values were represented by an elected official. I can't imagine what it might feel like that my point of view is valued and championed by my "representatives" in Washington. Although I'm scared to invest too much in this, I admit to hoping that Obama might speak for me. If he chooses a VP based on, as Kim Gandy wrote, a "misguided attempt to reach out to evangelicals and socially conservative Democrats," I will truly be afraid they "might ignore us [women] entirely in the future, while trading away our rights."

Mr. Obama, "it was the first time in a long time that we've been talked to by a candidate who wasn't talking down to us," as Kim Gandy says. Please don't break my heart.

No comments: