Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bloggers (Silent) Poetry Reading

from the blog MetaPagan...

"WHAT: A Bloggers (Silent) Poetry Reading
WHEN: Anytime February 2, 2009
WHERE: Your blog
WHY: To celebrate the Feast of Brigid, aka Groundhog Day
HOW: Select a poem you like - by a favorite poet or one of your own - to post February 2nd.

RSVP: If you plan to publish, feel free to leave a comment and link on this post. Last year when the call went out there was more poetry in cyberspace than I could keep track of. So, link to whoever you hear about this from and a mighty web of poetry will be spun."

My readers might like to learn more about Imbolc, celebrated by many (not all) on the cross-quarter day, halfway between the solstice and equinox. Wiki also has an article.

As a gardener, I'll celebrate the cross-quarter day in an agrarian fashion, that is, I plan to clean my garden tools in preparation for the spring work season. Also, look for my participation in the Silent Poetry Reading, helping to flood the internet with poetry. I'll be thinking on my poem choice over the next few days.

No comments: