Sunday, January 11, 2009

Nothing New Under the Sun

Every thought has been thunk before, or "What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun." -Ecclesiastes 1:9-14 NIV.

This morning I'm glad that's true, because I've been trying to communicate some thoughts (rather ineptly I'm afraid in my recent posts, Wine in the West), and now I've found an author who does it so much better than myself. AND, he's documented his statements, whereas, I read energetically, but without structure, absorb, then can't remember from where all the ideas came that I've synthesized into a conclusion.

Be prepared for numerous quotes from Brendan Myers in the future, just like this:

The worthwhile life gives to itself its own morality. Its very logic produces its own laws, and inside itself it separates right from wrong. The quest for the good life creates for itself its own destiny.

No comments: