Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Panda Joke

This blog is about a book and a joke. I can't tell you the title of the book, because it gives away the punchline of the joke below, known as The Panda Joke. Once you've read the joke, you can google (love that verb) the book's title. I've had this book on my shelf for quite a few years now, and it still makes me chuckle when I read the spine in passing.


  • The Panda Joke

A panda walks into a cafe. He orders a sandwich, eats it, then draws a gun and fires two shots in the air.

"Why?" asks the confused waiter, as the panda makes towards the exit.

The panda produces a badly punctuated wildlife manual and tosses it over his shoulder.

"I'm a panda," he says, at the door. "Look it up."

The waiter turns to the relevant entry and, sure enough, finds an explanation.

"Panda. Large black-and-white bear-like mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves."

No comments: